YOUTH CENTRE COORDINATOR - LACOMBE
Closing Date: December 16, 2019
What is Youth Unlimited/Youth For Christ?
Youth Unlimited (YU) is a not-for-profit, non-government, Christian organization that builds meaningful, long-term connections with vulnerable young people by meeting them on their turf. YU addresses the holistic health of young people: physical, emotional, mental, social, and spiritual.
What is the Youth Centre Coordinator?
The YU-Turn Youth Centre, a program of Youth Unlimited/YFC, provides a safe space of belonging for marginalized young people, many of whom are lacking mentorship, guidance, stability, and hope. We offer relationships, referrals, and resources to these vulnerable young people, ages 10 to 25.
What does the Youth Centre Staff do?
The Youth Centre Coordinator is responsible for the daily functions of the Youth Centre program in Lacombe. Duties include: managing and supervising both staff and volunteers, schedule programming, planning and executing after-school program plans; fundraising and maintaining donor relationships, and casting vision to reach the program’s goals and markers of impact.
Work Location and Environment:
Lacombe YU Turn - 5025 50 St. Lacombe
What must the candidate possess to thrive in the position?
- Strong commitment to live a Christ-centered life
- Professionalism in verbal and written communication
- Team building and leadership skills
- Passion for discipleship and evangelism
- Ability to work with a team and independently, while being a highly efficient time manager
- Ability to plan and coordinate meetings, small groups, and events
- Ability to train and equip others to impact the lives of vulnerable youth
- Willingness to advocate for the needs of youth
What are the working conditions?
- Telephone and computer work at home, central office, or coffee shop
- Meeting youth and adults in coffee shops and other public places
- Collaborating with other Lacombe Staff, Central Alberta staff, and volunteers
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with individuals, schools, and community organizations
- Occasional evening work, day trips, and extended trips
- Salary, expenses, and benefits are all raised by the applicant (with coaching from supervisor)
- Partial financial subsidy available
Time commitment: Full time, 40 hours per week (Negotiable)
Apply by sending in your cover letter and resume to
Youth Centre CoordinatorLocation: Lacombe